Today’s blog post is another in the series recognizing April as National Crime Victim’s Rights Month. In today’s post I will address five things that every victim should know:
- Medical bills can be paid by the crime victim’s fund in most states.
- The prosecutor is not the victim’s lawyer.
- Most cases do not go to trial.
- Restorative Justice may provide you with more options than the conventional judicial system.
- When an offender is incarcerated you should sign up for a notification if he or she is released.